Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fat Farm

I feel like I live on a fat farm.

I joined the Heritage Biggest Loser weight loss group at work. It's a bunch of people trying to lose weight and win $50. I'm only in it for the $50.

The person who loses the most weight wins. Simple. Impossible. I can't even lose the most weight when I'm the only person in the contest.

There are a lot of people around the office now paying attention to what the others are doing and eating. I'm glad it's not just me anymore - both paying attention to others and having attention paid to me because of this blog.

The group also helps with some of the conversations.

Before they started, every time anyone had anything to say about diets, exercise, food, being fat, being skinny, writing a blog, trying to lose weight, gain weight, walking on the moon, cooking tacos, or speaking Chinese they would come to me. Now they have other people to bounce off of. Hell, they should bounce off of each other, all that extra fat has to be good for something.

The weigh-in was on Monday and on that day I did not eat the MnMs when I wanted to - being in the group helped me all 22 times I reached for that candy. Since Tuesday I haven't cared as much. I've eaten a mini Milky Way and the MnMs.

I wonder if they'll give me back the $5 I paid to join if I get out before Friday? There's no way I'm going to win, or lose (weight).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do this :) About two months ago I had a doctor say to me "you are diabetic"! I ran home and cried: I was sure I was going to die and die without my toes and fingers. Since that scare and the little black kit that sits next to my bed, I have lost 26lbs just being conscious about what goes in my mouth. You can do this and I am here if you want to talk :)

Haley@ luxury fat farms said...

You are really confident about who you are right now. Just focus on your goal then certainly you'll achieve what you really want.

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter