Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why are cookies like pineapples?


In the south it is tradition to give a pineapple as a symbol of welcome. Here in Michigan we give cookies, cakes, doughnuts and other pastries.

After deciding yesterday to start my latest weight loss plan I went home to find a bag of homemade peanut butter cookies on my kitchen counter from my ex-mother in law. The woman has always hated me.

She picks my daughter up from school on Monday and leaves sweets at my house every time. One time she brought over an industrial-sized box of brownies. I ate them in a week.

She has left boxes of Hostess, whole cakes, the Sam's Club pack of danishes, you name it. The woman is my own personal devil.
Speaking of danishes, after eating only one of the peanut butter cookies last night (they await my arrival home tonight), I arrive at work to find - suprise! Danishes, cookies, crossiants, doughnuts and other delectables sitting directly across from my line of vision.
I am eating a danish as I write this.

My plan is simple, eat fewer sweets and exercise more.
I'm going to try harder tomorrow.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

U know what really sucks? Its not just food!Almost everything u drink has calories too :(
I've been buying fuze only 5 calories n taste great plus almost all your vitamins u need in a day.V8 fruit n veggie drinks r good too. Also watch out for serving sizes.Almost everything is 2 to 3 servings in a bottle. They think there sooo slick :)

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter