Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm No Loser



Months of sweating, starving and generally hating life have finally paid off. I have lost FIVE entire pounds.

It may not seem like much, because, well, it's not.

I blame my competitive nature; I don’t like to lose and I take it seriously; too seriously apparently.

I am happy about the five crummy pounds though.

I delayed making this announcement in case the scale was faulty or maybe it was “water” weight, or the Chihuahua jumped on the scale behind me while my back was turned, or I gained it back.

It’s been a couple of weeks now and the five pounds doesn’t seem to be coming
back – like my sanity – it’s long gone.

While five pounds doesn’t seem like much, it is the equivalent of say a child’s bowling ball, or the stuff I took out of my purse the other day, so that’s worth something, right?
One good thing I noticed from it is, while hiding in my darkened closet, when I lifted my shirt I found that my belly rolls are now covering less of my thighs!

Bonus! I can see my upper thighs!

I haven’t seen the top of my thighs in ages! They’re pastier than I thought. (Note to self: better razors and fake tanning lotion needed.)

At this rate, with the 50 pound weight loss goal I set, I'll only be writing this blog for say the next fifty years.

Huh, I wonder if we'll still have "blogging" in fifty years? By then the computer will probably just be able to suck the thoughts from our heads. Look out computer - you really don't want to know what I've got going on in here.

Until next time, PHAT friends ... oh, do me a favor - eat something worthwhile for me. (The bigger you are the smaller I look!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed a lot more. You look great.

Anonymous said...

Keep going Rene' you will get there! :]

Rene said...

Thanks Anons. I'm holding out hope for you too - that one day you will come out of the anonymnous closet and the world will be a better place.
Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter