Thursday, June 17, 2010

I can't believe I ate the Whole thing


So, it’s birthday week, but the only cake I’ll be having is a rice cake.

My beloved co-worker Angie made me a “PHAT blog appropriate cake” out of rice cakes, marshmellos and coconut, since she knows how much I love to eat these (any many other) things at my desk.

Half a dozen people have walked past the cake and asked, “Where’s the chocolate?”
They were very nearly kicked in their chocolate-loving rear ends.

I told my other co-workers I’d be cutting the cake to share with them later, but they just looked at me as if I'd started stripping at my desk.
Thanks guys.

They don’t know how to appreciate a thoughtful co-worker, or a healthy diet, so I’ll eat the entire damn thing by myself. Loudly. Crunching on ever fiber-rich, low-fat crumb.

It’s not every day you can eat your entire birthday cake all by yourself.

Turns out you can have your cake and eat it too.

Cheers to all the PHAT friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photos help tell the story. You must be serious. I'd never eat that flavorless pile, especially on my birthday.

Rene Cizo said...

Thanks for the comment anon. I will confess I'm secretly hoping Somebody gets me a real cake so I'll have to eat some. I wouldn't want to be rude, would I?

Allicat said...

Happy Birthday!!! It's nice you have such a thoughtful co-worker. Just in case, you should keep low-fact chocolate graham crackers at your desk. Oooh! Or chocolate animal crackers. A handful suffices. (Or two...)

Rene Cizio said...

Thanks for the birthday wish Allicat. Good tips on the graham crackers. I dedicate my next pound lost to you.

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter