Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rollerblading Rhino


Today, as I spilled mycoffee at my desk, I realized I’ve had a week of PHAT misfortunes.

It started with the birthday cake.

I jinxed myself a month ago while plotting to use my birthday as an excuse to indulge in high-fat goodness.
My daughter overdid it while baking the double chocolate cake and I didn’t tell her, but that cake was drier than the average grandma’s elbows. I haven’t gotten over the dissapointment yet.

Later in the week we went Downtown for tortillas for my annual Crusin’ Downriver BBQ fajita party.

While Downtown we went to what used to be my favorite Mexican restaurant for some greasy, cheesy flaming cheese goodness - hey, it was a belated birthday indulgence because of the cake!


I don’t know what happened, but I think they started using Velveeta instead of traditional Chihuahua cheese. It was horrible and another PHAT disaster.

A co-worker, learning of my diet, gave me a chocolate fiber bar. I thought they were only for really old people, or those who have a problem with going #2, but apparently they’re good for PHAT girls too.
I’m told they’re tasty and I’m grateful for the support, but I can’t help seeing it as a omen of some sort. It was.

As that co-worker walked away, another started making fun of the “Rollerblading Rhino” title of this blog post and caused me to dump my coffee all over my desk, papers and oatmeal cereal snacks.

Another food misfortune.

I started calling myself the rollerblading rhino because of the Denise Austin exercise videos I've been doing. Austin talks a lot about “being strong and fit!” I got a little sick of listening to her prattle on so I started rollerblading on a track by my house in the morning to avoid her voice.

It didn’t work because as I forged ahead on the track when I wanted to quit, in my head I would hear, “You can do it! Feel those muscles working! You’re strong! And I thought,
“Yeah, strong like a freakin’ rhino.”
One good thing is that I’ve inspired another – skinny – co-worker to do more exercise via video. She says she loves it and is feeling strong and slim. She's received compliments right in front of me for how great she's looking.

Nice.

Afterall that’s all I set out to do with this blog – make the skinny people look and feel better.

(Oh, where in the hell in that fiber bar? I'm depressed. Sigh.)

2 comments:

Angie Favot said...

Another insightful blog entry ... go for the book deal!
Dieting depresses me too, after I get married I am alternating McDonalds and Buffalo Wild Wings everyday for a month, plus a trip to Dairy Queen.
But you look great and seem to have more energy around the office, so don't get too down!!
Keep up the good work!

Rene Cizio said...

As for the fast food - I bet you don't, but it's still nice to hear a skinny chick talk about food in such a ... binge-ish way.

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter