Friday, June 4, 2010

Organs for sale


Two pounds down.

While I will not horrify you with the details, I will say being sick has its benefits.

While in the throws of death during the last three days I learned what it’s like to have no care for food, to only see it as survival and not a party in my mouth (he he).

It’s sad, I admit, that even while deciding to go to the emergency room and fearing I may need surgery I was pleased that I wasn’t eating.

I even began to wonder how much gall stones or an appendix weighed and I was hoping a lot.

I didn’t have either removed and I don’t know the answer, but there’s always next time. Removal of my non-essential organs is one way to lose weight.

They sent me out of there with “diet” instructions. Ha. I didn’t laugh long.

No caffeine, no greasy (read: fried) foods, nothing spicy, tasty or worthwhile. Note: I drink about two pots of coffee a day. I'm not a happy camper right now.

The doctor advocated oatmeal and water. He expounded its virtues. I think he’s misguided.

Horses eat oatmeal and that’s only because they can’t talk to tell you how horrible it is. Horses also eat hay. Maybe they’re just not very smart.

Anyway, the point is, I lost TWO pounds and if I adhere to the garbage advice the doctor gave me, I’ll likely loose more as all of this oatmeal is low cal and very filling.

Plus, I’m trying to keep to the “only eat enough to keep your body functioning” theory and so far it’s working well, but I’m not feeling great. I’ll know I’m 100 percent when a bacon cheeseburger and double layer chocolate cake sound good again.

Sigh.

Sickness does have its benefits.

No comments:

Follow Renesphatblog on Twitter